Friday, October 3, 2008

And the win goes to - Palin?!

And the win goes to - Palin?! I'll make this brief, because it is one of the funniest things I've ever heard. A lot of people, and I mean a lot of people are calling last night's debate in Sarah Palin's favor. She was in command of it. She was on point.

My. Fucking. Ass.

Last night, Sarah Palin was that little prick you used to play tag with as a child, who would abruptly change where "goal" was. Every time you would say "goal is the big oak tree," she would nod and smile, and then when you were just about to tag her, she'd grab the mail box and say "this is goal now!" And then, when you went along with it, and were about to evade her, she'd take out a rubber ball and hit you with it. "I wanna play dodgeball now."

She was fucking awful. She changed the subject a million times, she was outright rude to the moderator, refused to rebut some of her own interjected charges being shot down, and goddammit, if I hear the word "maverick" again or another fact about Alaska, I will rake my fucking eyes out. Nobody gives a shit about Alaska! That's why we jammed them up behind Canada! AND YOU. ARE NOT. A MAVERICK. Has she ever, until joining the McCain campaign, EVER referred to herself as a "maverick"? I doubt it.

One of the favorite lines in the house last night was when she was talking about how there are a lot of countries that hate us for many things, including women's rights. Maybe she meant they'd like us a lot better if we were going along with what her notion of women's rights are.

Look, don't believe the hype. She was a trainwreck last night. I think Biden should and could have done a lot better, but he seemed to be unwilling to call her on the whole "I'm sorry I don't answer the questions the way you like, I want to talk straight to the American people" logic, which basically meant "I want to talk about what I think you want me to talk about." He would have been seen as a bully if he had, I think, but it would have been better than letting her have control of everything. And what does that say about what a McCain/Palin administration would be like? It's says to me that if anyone tries to engage them on anything, it had better be something they want to talk about, cuz if not? We can talk about something else. The American people had questions they wanted answered last night, and she refused to do it. That's what it was. "I REFUSE TO ANSWER THESE, YOUR QUESTIONS," and it came off like a big "fuck you." A big rehearsed "fuck you," which is what it was. She sounded rehearsed. I think she deserves a Tony.

I was surprised, however, that she didn't have John McCain up there with her, cutting her off to answer her questions first. I think it would have been really cute.

Will

No comments: