Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Book Number Four

Tonight, I finished my fourth book, Rumble Fish by S.E. Hinton. I enjoyed it, as I do so many things that deal with social alienation. The story revolves around Rusty-James, a young man who is desperate to follow in his brother, Motorcycle Boy's, footsteps, as he is regarded as somewhat of a local gang hero. Motorcycle Boy, while fairly self reliant, must constantly save Rusty James' ass, which suggests the footstep-following is not going so well. In the short span of this book, Rusty James manages to completely screw up everything, while barely appearing to care about it. I know that doesn't sound great, but I liked it.

Got a few possibilities next. I could always sit down and finish off Grapes of Wrath, but I also just got Rant by Chuck Palahniuk , They Called Her Tokyo Rose by Rex Gunn, and The Bang Bang Club by Greg Marinovich and Joao Silva, just to name a few.

Oh, and GObama.

Will

No comments: